Tuesday, August 5, 2014

This Yoga is Hot, Hot, Hot!


On my most recent excursion to Austin, TX, I decided to try things that I've never done before. Well, one of the experiences is the Hot Yoga class that I attended with my best friend. She is a member of Wonderlust Yoga (located in Downtown Austin), and she invited me to join her one day. Of course, as a health enthusiast, I accepted her offer, and we went to an afternoon class. As a pilates regular, I figured that I would be able to easily catch on to all the yoga moves. However, I was wrong. My first piece of advice is to attend a beginners yoga class before trying hot yoga because the class moves very quick. I have never seen myself glisten in so much sweat before. My second tip is to bring a big towel because you will be wiping your body off the whole time. Even though I was cursing in my head most the time due to the fact that I was hot and couldn't manage most of the poses, when the class was over, I felt as though I shed a layer of me and turned into a new person. I don't see myself going to another hot yoga class anytime soon, but I'm glad that I got the opportunity to try it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment