Monday, May 26, 2014

Where Should I Eat? NYC Lunch Edition

So you're in New York City for the summer, and you need a suggestion of places to get lunch from? Check out my picks of my favorites lunch spots to eat at:

1. Chop't Creative Salad Company

(Image via Google Search)

This might just be my favorite lunch spot in all of NYC. I go there every Monday (#saladmonday), and it's a perfect salad/wrap that is exciting enough to keep you wanting to eat it and big enough to keep you full. They also have special seasonal salads and seasonal items that change monthly and a rainy day discount on their warm salad.
My Pick: Kebab Cobb with Red Wine Vinaigrette

2. Digg Inn Seasonal Market

(Image via Google Search)

Think Chipotle, but not Mexican food. Here you get to grab a container and choose a grain or lettuce (brown rice, mixed grains, arugula, or spinach), one protein, and 3 to 4 other sides depending on your container size. You get a super filling and healthy meal just for $10. I also go here weekly. Also if you check out their locations on Hudson or Broadway, they also have salad/sandwiches/desserts at that location.
My Pick: Arugula with Lemon Chicken, Sweet Potatoes, Brussels Sprouts, and Quinoa

3. Hale and Hearty 

(Image via Google Search)

I recently just discovered this place when I was searching for a good soup, and I'm really glad I found it because their soup is crave-worthy and affordable. Their sandwiches and salads also look really tasty!
My Pick: 10 Vegetable Soup with a Seven Grain Roll

4. Le Pain Quotidien

(Image via Google Search)

After passing this cute bakery on the way to class everyday, I just had to go inside and taste something from there. All their pastries look so decadent and really well made. This place reminds me of the simple pleasures of a really good piece of bread. Everything from here is super tasty! This is a perfect place for a lunch date with a group of friends.
My Pick: Organic Quinoa TaboulĂ© Salad

5. Peacefood Cafe

(Image via Google Search)

This is one of the places in NYC that I pride myself in finding. It is a restaurant with an all vegetarian and vegan menu. Everything here looks and tastes amazing. Also I haven't had a chance to taste their desserts/pastries yet, but it is on my to-do list!
My Pick: Tahini Sprouts Sandwich

Some of these restaurants have intimidating lines, but don't worry, I've never had to wait more than 15 minutes because they always go by fast.

Enjoy and Eat on!

No comments:

Post a Comment